Having a beer helps (but I know it’s not good)

hi all.
On my way to assessment (16 months and counting). One thing I’ve realised as I’ve reflected and made sense of the last 30/40 years (47yo) is my relationship with beer. I’ve always drank beer and often too much (no off switch) but I’ve now made sense of it. I promise I’m not making excuses for the beer drinking - but made sense to why I think I’ve always gone to it to help me.

as soon as I have the first drink I feel everything inside change. In essence it’s all about the noise/senses that start to calm down. And I’ve always drank in social occasions - and this takes the anxiety away that’s been building up all day. 

I think what I wanted to ask is… is this familiar to anyone? And is there another option that a drink currently provides? 

Parents
  • Hey, I'm a newbie here, and I'd like to revive this thread with my 2 cents. Have you ever thought about trying out wine making kits? They could be a fun and creative way to still enjoy a drink with friends but without the negative effects of beer. Plus, it's a cool skill to learn and could even become a hobby! I found this website called www.wineonlinestore.co.uk/ that seems to have some good options if you're interested. Of course, this is just one alternative and everyone is different. It's important to find what works best for you. Also, just a heads up that this thread is pretty old, so the original poster may not be around anymore. an.

• Hey, I'm a newbie here, and I'd like to revive this thread with my 2 cents. Have you ever thought about trying out wine making kits? They could be a fun and creative way to still enjoy a drink with friends but without the negative effects of beer. Plus, it's a cool skill to learn and could even become a hobby! I found this website called www.wineonlinestore.co.uk/ that seems to have some good options if you're interested. Of course, this is just one alternative and everyone is different. It's important to find what works best for you. Also, just a heads up that this thread is pretty old, so the original poster may not be around anymore. an.

Children
No Data