Having a beer helps (but I know it’s not good)

hi all.
On my way to assessment (16 months and counting). One thing I’ve realised as I’ve reflected and made sense of the last 30/40 years (47yo) is my relationship with beer. I’ve always drank beer and often too much (no off switch) but I’ve now made sense of it. I promise I’m not making excuses for the beer drinking - but made sense to why I think I’ve always gone to it to help me.

as soon as I have the first drink I feel everything inside change. In essence it’s all about the noise/senses that start to calm down. And I’ve always drank in social occasions - and this takes the anxiety away that’s been building up all day. 

I think what I wanted to ask is… is this familiar to anyone? And is there another option that a drink currently provides? 

Parents
  • Thanks everyone for your input…. So… gonna try and reduce intake. Fri & Sat only, seems a sensible idea I like that. And limit to 3 - this one will be the test as stopping is the difficulty. 
    I can’t see a future without it but will work towards a future where I put my health higher up the list. 
    Kissing heart

• sounds like a plan, well done for taking steps towards improving your health and life and remember if you mess up and don't keep to your plan/limit, don't beat yourself up just be kind and forgive yourself and decide to start again

Reply Children
No Data