Noise disturbance

I am new in autism subject, im planning to design a facility for autistic... I heard that autistic might very sensitive with sounds... How sensitive is it?  Thankyou :)

Parents
  • I am sensitive with sounds as in, I will only hear background noises and not what is in front of me e.g. if someone is talking to me - I totally block it all, can't hear the person speaking. I was tested for deafness as a child and it baffled all my teachers and has become a huge problem in a work environment to the point I now work for myself! I prefer quietness of the house or online shopping rather than crowds of people or busy streets/shops. 

• I am sensitive with sounds as in, I will only hear background noises and not what is in front of me e.g. if someone is talking to me - I totally block it all, can't hear the person speaking. I was tested for deafness as a child and it baffled all my teachers and has become a huge problem in a work environment to the point I now work for myself! I prefer quietness of the house or online shopping rather than crowds of people or busy streets/shops. 

Children
No Data