Noise disturbance

I am new in autism subject, im planning to design a facility for autistic... I heard that autistic might very sensitive with sounds... How sensitive is it?  Thankyou :)

Parents
  • stephtan said:

Hi intenseworld, thankyou for your reply. 

I am an architecture student, and my thesis is creating facility for treatment and talent developing for autistic... Smile

I worry about the noise of the surrounding... Are you bothered with noises from air conditioning machine too?

To give you some idea of how sensitive the hearing of people on the spectrum can be, Stephtan, some can here the hum of domestic electricity moving through the cables in the walls!

I remember lying in bed, as a child, and being able to hear telephone conversations (the overhead telephone wire came to the house close to my bedroom window).

• stephtan said:

Hi intenseworld, thankyou for your reply. 

I am an architecture student, and my thesis is creating facility for treatment and talent developing for autistic... Smile

I worry about the noise of the surrounding... Are you bothered with noises from air conditioning machine too?

To give you some idea of how sensitive the hearing of people on the spectrum can be, Stephtan, some can here the hum of domestic electricity moving through the cables in the walls!

I remember lying in bed, as a child, and being able to hear telephone conversations (the overhead telephone wire came to the house close to my bedroom window).

Children
No Data