Nimbus Access Card

Has anyone had any luck getting a nimbus access card to support them in getting out to places? I would like to apply but am too scared that they will say I don't qualify.

Parents
  • You probably could qualify. I managed to get one with the queuing symbol (often a trigger for my meltdowns can be crowds. I talked about how it can cause me psychological distress) and the +1 for essential companions - not sure if it's autism related or not, but I have really bad spatial awareness and have walked towards a moving car not seeing it, so I told them I need someone to safely get me to and from venues and to potentially recognise a meltdown before it happens. 

£15 for 3 yrs but definitely worth it if you get thr +1 symbol. Places offer free or reduced cost companion tickets. For example, Glastonbury gives a free companion  ticket, so one trip to Glastonbury and its paid for itself multiple times. 

• You probably could qualify. I managed to get one with the queuing symbol (often a trigger for my meltdowns can be crowds. I talked about how it can cause me psychological distress) and the +1 for essential companions - not sure if it's autism related or not, but I have really bad spatial awareness and have walked towards a moving car not seeing it, so I told them I need someone to safely get me to and from venues and to potentially recognise a meltdown before it happens. 

£15 for 3 yrs but definitely worth it if you get thr +1 symbol. Places offer free or reduced cost companion tickets. For example, Glastonbury gives a free companion  ticket, so one trip to Glastonbury and its paid for itself multiple times. 

Children
  • Hello, I've been thinking of applying for Nimbus and requesting +1 as I need support in social settings as I am often misunderstood and get really anxious.  I also get into difficult situations which I can find up making incorrect decision and getting into financial scrapes.  I've been put off as I don't claim PIP or benefit.  How did you evidence the need for +1. Thank you