Alternatives to "normal" work

What do you do if you can't work in a normal job? I have tried to go to work for 15 years now, job after job and it always ends the same way in a burnout or a breakdown, sometimes both. I am now working in a school again and its an even more complicated job than I'm used to and I just cant cope with it.

I am so burned out I just want to run away somewhere and hide. It feels like I'm drowning but I'm not allowed reach the surface cos I have to stay in the place Im drowning. I feel trapped and scared. Every job makes me feel like this. Its like there is a wall in front of me that I physically cant push through but yet I am being made to keep trying to run through it over and over.

What do I do if I cant work though? I have been turned down for PIP twice and dont hold out much hope for Limited Capability to Work either. I am terrified of the Job Centre and going for weekly appoitments there causes me nearly as much anxiety as actually going to work.

I do freelance writing a lot but hardly ever manage to earn any money off it. Im good at it and I love it and I can do it from home but I think Ive earned £220 off it in the last 4 years so its hardly a stable income. I have two kids to support and rent to pay. We are on UC but they put pressure on me to work and we could lose it if I dont. My wife does a little bit of part time work but we have a baby so she cant do much as she looks after her most of the time.

Just dont know what to do. Is there anyway I can still earn enough money to support the family without having to go to a traditional workplace with bosses and expectations and noise and loads of people? 

Parents
  • I have been looking at something similar.  There are platforms (websites) where you can sell your skills (Fiverr being one of them).  People advertise their skills like ghostwriting, transcribing working on company profiles (like LinkedIn), lots of work that can be done at home on a laptop in your own time.  I hope this helps

• I have been looking at something similar.  There are platforms (websites) where you can sell your skills (Fiverr being one of them).  People advertise their skills like ghostwriting, transcribing working on company profiles (like LinkedIn), lots of work that can be done at home on a laptop in your own time.  I hope this helps

Children