Confrontation

Does anyone else really fear confrontational situations? Like when you know you have to confront someone and tell them you are not happy about something and you know it will lead to an arguement. Especially at work but anywhere really

I am always so scared of confrontation. Also when I am in that situation I get tounge tied and lost for words, like everything I want to say goes out of my head and I end up making a mess of what Im saying

Does anyone else relate to this or have any tips of what to do and how to handle these situations? I have to have a confrontation with my consultant at my agency on Monday as I have found out they have been underpaying me for my job and lying to me about how much I should be paid. Its even harder cos he always acts so nice even though I know hes screwing me over. If people act nice, even if they aren't it makes me find confrontation even harder 

Parents
  • While general confrontation unsettles me, I find the predictable rituals of impending male-on-male violence incredibly tedious and obvious. For once, I am cynical about something. It's too often a mating dance of attention-seeking idiots. There's such an atmosphere of show/showing-off about it that I find the boredom of the opening ceremonies of the performance overrides any tension I'd ordinarily feel. It's like a rehearsal of a play padded with clichés and featuring try-hard actors who desperately want to play the lead. Maybe scientists would be better-advised to study neurotypicals rather than autists...

• Maybe scientists would be better-advised to study neurotypicals rather than autists...

Scientists study everyone and everything. Neurologists have gained great amounts of knowledge through studying when the brain is damaged; when something stops working it shows what it normally does. Autistics have difficulties in social interaction, so any brain differences that autistics have, may show where social and/or communication controlling neurology is located.

• I apologise for my flippant generalising. Admittedly, I'm just impotently teed-off after reading some episodes of the history of treatment for autistic people.

• Not a problem, my defence of scientists is that while we come up with theories, which may be accurate or inaccurate, and data that is usually impartial, it is clinicians who treat people. 

Reply Children
No Data