Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?

Me (in order of importance):

1.  Animals (excluding humans).

2.  Nature (especially trees).

3.  People who are (I can't think of the correct word) : disenfranchised, marginalised, vulnerable, different, 'outsiders', come to mind.

4.  Some of the rest of human society.

What about you?

Parents
  • 'Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?'

You know, if I answered that question in-depth as opposed to swiftly and without thought, I would find it a very difficult question; and not because I'm the kind of cold-hearted sociopath we're too often imagined to be but because, at heart, autists are *internally* isolated. There's a thin wall between us and other lives but it nevertheless remains a solid, transparent, though misted wall. Connection is fleeting, and we're the spirits trying to be heard and seen. None of what I've written in this post is meant to be critical or pessimistic; it's just what my life has shown me.

• 'Who/what do you feel the most kinship/connection with?'

You know, if I answered that question in-depth as opposed to swiftly and without thought, I would find it a very difficult question; and not because I'm the kind of cold-hearted sociopath we're too often imagined to be but because, at heart, autists are *internally* isolated. There's a thin wall between us and other lives but it nevertheless remains a solid, transparent, though misted wall. Connection is fleeting, and we're the spirits trying to be heard and seen. None of what I've written in this post is meant to be critical or pessimistic; it's just what my life has shown me.

Children