Encountered with a dog

One of the town residents really understand that I get nervous about dogs. The owner got a really well trained dog.

The butchers helper tried to make me friends with the dog. Every week the dog gets scrapes of meat. The owner wife said to him don't let rosy do anything if uncomfortable. 

Some owners don't understand about people getting nervous about dogs and make up excuses. Also unpredictable.

When first moved to the town a neighbour (now deceased); had a rescue dog and said don't touch her etc..  charity shops allow dogs and have doggy treats. Unfair as I just froze last time. 

Parents
  • I can understand you being nervous around dogs. I was once walking to work and an unaccompanied dog was sitting on the pavement. I carried on walking and it came over and bit me. It turned out the owner had not realised it had come out of its house. I also had a dog run into me across our park and left me with a large bruise and the owner ignored it.

I am therefore wary of dogs and avoid getting too close as you don't always know if they are trained unless you can see the dog obeying it's owner. Unfortunately there have been several people locally bitten by dogs where owners were not in control. I therefore always err on the cautious side and do not appreciate owners whose dogs approach me and say they won't hurt. If I don't want their dog jumping up on me I appreciate them being controlled in a public place.

It is good when there are understanding owners.

• I can understand you being nervous around dogs. I was once walking to work and an unaccompanied dog was sitting on the pavement. I carried on walking and it came over and bit me. It turned out the owner had not realised it had come out of its house. I also had a dog run into me across our park and left me with a large bruise and the owner ignored it.

I am therefore wary of dogs and avoid getting too close as you don't always know if they are trained unless you can see the dog obeying it's owner. Unfortunately there have been several people locally bitten by dogs where owners were not in control. I therefore always err on the cautious side and do not appreciate owners whose dogs approach me and say they won't hurt. If I don't want their dog jumping up on me I appreciate them being controlled in a public place.

It is good when there are understanding owners.

Children
No Data