Hello!

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place. I have just been partially diagnosed ASD  Asperger syndrome, waiting for a full assessment. 
the NHS is in disarray and I may have to wait up to 3 years. 
is it worth going private?

i am not sure I can wait that long. My scores are 100% and my pre-assessment therapist has advised me to stop imitating or I will have a breakdown. 
but this is a shock to everyone, as all my filters are now gone. My son is 26 and is very opinionated… finally causing another burn out. Argued with my wife for 3 hours after even though she understands me well and has been a great support throughout the years. 
but I feel awful and thought terrible things last night…. That my life is not worth it after 50 years of masking…. I am completely exhausted… I am looking for help, support and advice…. I am one of the lost generation!! 

i also have years of masking experience if it helps…. 

Parents
  • I am a similar age and have been waiting since Feb 2019, but some places are much quicker. I would take some time to do some reasearch, there are some good youtubers in particular that helped me. Try and look deeper into who you are and try and understand yourself. Understand your limits and when to step away from issues. Once my wife knew about my ASD, and she mentioned it about 5 years before I looked into it, things became simpler at home. We both then knew why some things happened that annoyed her. I used to be accused of on purpose leaving things for her to do becuase I knew she would. In reality I just did not notice that thing needed doing. Take some time for yourself if you can, don't feel preassured. I try to take one day each weekend for me, no jobs, no chores etc. I know it is not always that simple but try what works in your life. It is a long journey but you can get through it.

• I am a similar age and have been waiting since Feb 2019, but some places are much quicker. I would take some time to do some reasearch, there are some good youtubers in particular that helped me. Try and look deeper into who you are and try and understand yourself. Understand your limits and when to step away from issues. Once my wife knew about my ASD, and she mentioned it about 5 years before I looked into it, things became simpler at home. We both then knew why some things happened that annoyed her. I used to be accused of on purpose leaving things for her to do becuase I knew she would. In reality I just did not notice that thing needed doing. Take some time for yourself if you can, don't feel preassured. I try to take one day each weekend for me, no jobs, no chores etc. I know it is not always that simple but try what works in your life. It is a long journey but you can get through it.

Children
No Data