Hello!

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place. I have just been partially diagnosed ASD  Asperger syndrome, waiting for a full assessment. 
the NHS is in disarray and I may have to wait up to 3 years. 
is it worth going private?

i am not sure I can wait that long. My scores are 100% and my pre-assessment therapist has advised me to stop imitating or I will have a breakdown. 
but this is a shock to everyone, as all my filters are now gone. My son is 26 and is very opinionated… finally causing another burn out. Argued with my wife for 3 hours after even though she understands me well and has been a great support throughout the years. 
but I feel awful and thought terrible things last night…. That my life is not worth it after 50 years of masking…. I am completely exhausted… I am looking for help, support and advice…. I am one of the lost generation!! 

i also have years of masking experience if it helps…. 

Parents
  • Best wishes to you, a formal diagnosis is a great help. The next stage for me was to fully understand myself before helping others to understand. 
    One thing is for sure, you are far from alone. This forum is packed with like minded (literally: ) individuals each with their similar and unique perspectives. Many happy to give advice and others happy to give support or both. 
    Glad to hear from you and welcome to the club. 

• Best wishes to you, a formal diagnosis is a great help. The next stage for me was to fully understand myself before helping others to understand. 
    One thing is for sure, you are far from alone. This forum is packed with like minded (literally: ) individuals each with their similar and unique perspectives. Many happy to give advice and others happy to give support or both. 
    Glad to hear from you and welcome to the club. 

Children