Help

Hello all I really need some help.

My mum doesn't accept autism as a disability and she really upset me with her saying this as well as saying that me and my partner are dolepushers just living on handouts and are lazy, refusing to work.

I want her to realise that she really upset me but I still want to have contact with her.

How do I get her to understand how difficult it is for us not being in work.

I'm really struggling to accept her actions but I know that she is entitled to her own opinion.

Please help me

Gemma 

Parents

I wish I could give you a hug and make it all better.  When people in my life are being hurtful, I try to think of why that may be the case.  Did you Mum have a life of working in a job she hated and struggling with it? Did you Mum have mental health challenges as a result of work when you were growing up?

I understand the pain you are feeling because I am unable to work too because I get ill everytime I try.  I feel like a sponge on society but I need to stay well to raise my Autistic daughter as a single parent so that's my priority.  It's tough knowing that your Mum thinks that.  Was it said in the heat of an argument or does she say this on a regular basis.

Can you get some comfort from friends and your partner? Do you rely on your Mum or is the relationship pretty hostile?

I hope you're okay and that you have other family who are supportive of you. 

I wish I could give you a hug and make it all better.  When people in my life are being hurtful, I try to think of why that may be the case.  Did you Mum have a life of working in a job she hated and struggling with it? Did you Mum have mental health challenges as a result of work when you were growing up?

I understand the pain you are feeling because I am unable to work too because I get ill everytime I try.  I feel like a sponge on society but I need to stay well to raise my Autistic daughter as a single parent so that's my priority.  It's tough knowing that your Mum thinks that.  Was it said in the heat of an argument or does she say this on a regular basis.

Can you get some comfort from friends and your partner? Do you rely on your Mum or is the relationship pretty hostile?

I hope you're okay and that you have other family who are supportive of you. 

Children
No Data