What defines your autism?

There's another question that sprang to mind this morning.

What defines your autism?

I have noticed that most of the posts on the forum appear to be about our vulnerabilities.

So, is our autism defined by our vulnerabilities?

Certainly the sensitivities and communication difficulties can make us more vulnerable to stress and isolation.

Any positives anyone?

I'm still thinking about that one.

There is a lot of food for thought once we have obtained recognition either personally or professionally.

Parents
  • Being weird. 

I am unlike other people.  Sometimes that causes me difficulties, and other times it brings me great joy.  

I have always been the odd one out, queer and peculiar, non conforming. I like to challenge people to think and not just accept what they've been told.  The world is full of all sorts of people, and that makes it a bright and beautiful place.

My autism is so thoroughly entwined with who I am and it has shaped all my experiences so I don't know who I would be without it.  And as difficult as it is sometimes, I like being me.

• As someone who's not Autistic, I can relate.  Perhaps that is why I was diagnosed!  I think there is an acceptable brand of weird, and there are many not so acceptable kinds of weird.  I've had many acquaintances ditch me to speak to Autistic people, that probably tells you how weird I am then LOL.  It's probably all the taxidermy and roadkill, so I was told. 

• As someone who's not Autistic, I can relate.  Perhaps that is why I was diagnosed!  I think there is an acceptable brand of weird, and there are many not so acceptable kinds of weird.  I've had many acquaintances ditch me to speak to Autistic people, that probably tells you how weird I am then LOL.  It's probably all the taxidermy and roadkill, so I was told. 

Children
  • That last line sums it up for some people, hereabouts, I bet...

There are huge legal problems apparently to overcome, with the taxidermy but it starts with finding someone who's willing to do me when the time comes!

Obviously I'll have the giblets and unused bits given a christian burial (On my own land, recorded on the deeds for maximum legal "pain in the assery" when the time comes to build on it....)

I've found me a flexiible minded funeral director, I just don't know how to pre arrange and pay for the full ghanian funeral procession that I want

Not that I've any particular indicator of imminent mortality nor am I particularly morbid, but leaving legal timebombs for the future like half my remains being a household ornament, and the other half of my remains making it hard for Aldi to build a carpark, really strikes more joy in my heart that one of those boring cremation do's I have attended so many times.

And I DEFINITELY insist on doing my own eulogy, as soon as three d is available so I can actually point at people and upset or praise them directly, in their pre allocated seats.

THIS is why I shouldn't be poor.... 

• OO! Can you do me when I snuff it?

I want to be stuffed with my hands out holding a tray, so I can continue to be useful, or hidden in a cupboard. 

It'll be practically as if nothing changed...