Sitting

Do you sit awkwardly, and prefer certain seats? I don’t like eating at the table as I feel like I am perched on the chairs, even though they are relatively comfortable. I prefer my dinner on my lap on the comfort of my sofa. If I have soup, (or use my computer), I tend to sit on the floor Grimacing

I sort of sit on my side on the sofa, or I perch in the corner of the sofa diagonally, or I sit with my legs outstretched on the sofa, with my back resting on the arm. I don’t feel relaxed and I’m never comfortable.
The other day I was sat with my knees apart and bent at right angles, with feet on tip toes on the floor in front of me. Heels resting on the bottom of the sofa. My friend asked me why I was sat like that, and I said oh, I don’t know, and we laughed.  Sometimes I sit with one leg wide hanging over the arm of the chair. That is comfortable. But not very ladylike. Good job I only wear jeans!

Parents
  • My core strength appears to be ludicrously weak and always has been. At work, my chair reclines ore than is normal I think (I always joke it’s because I’m ‘deformed’ but really I’m just a bit round shouldered with a slightly exaggerated spinal curvature. When I’ve occasionally had to cover another desk and don’t want to mess up their chair settings, the ramrod straight or even forward leaning posture it imposes makes me feel very uncomfortable and tense, even though it’s clearly more standard. 

I can also only play piano for so long before pain builds in my diaphragm and I need a lie down. Seems without back support and a partial recline I’m just easily exhausted and prone to pain. 

• My core strength appears to be ludicrously weak and always has been. At work, my chair reclines ore than is normal I think (I always joke it’s because I’m ‘deformed’ but really I’m just a bit round shouldered with a slightly exaggerated spinal curvature. When I’ve occasionally had to cover another desk and don’t want to mess up their chair settings, the ramrod straight or even forward leaning posture it imposes makes me feel very uncomfortable and tense, even though it’s clearly more standard. 

I can also only play piano for so long before pain builds in my diaphragm and I need a lie down. Seems without back support and a partial recline I’m just easily exhausted and prone to pain. 

Children