Small Talk

I hate small talk. I hate that I can't grasp it. I hate how people randomly foist it on me. What's up with that!? I've been online shopping since Covid19 started but I decided to get out and give a small shop ago. It went ok. I was anxious but I coped and then came the till...... the woman started talking to me like we were good friends.... said about the weather, Christmas, even her cat Boris! I feel drained now. I feel an idiot for being unable to participate in her small talk. All I said was yes, no... mmm... Small talk, one of life's little mysteries.

Parents
  • Omg small talk is a nightmare! I've never been able to do it. It's like a contest where the other person tries to fit the events of the last month in to the conversation in under a minute lol.

• Omg small talk is a nightmare! I've never been able to do it. It's like a contest where the other person tries to fit the events of the last month in to the conversation in under a minute lol.

Children
  • Prime example a gent got off the bus and felt the need to catch up with me and blurt out that someone (could he something) crashed into the bus in Ponty the other day smashing a window. It was like some kind of emergency alert message with an anti climax. What the hell am I gonna do with that information I now have a million questions and my only response was oooo never a dull moment ey aka end of conversation lol. 

• Yes hahaha it's like there hooked up to a timer that shocks them if they don't say everything in a certain amount of timeJoy