Randomly Saying Things Out Loud

Sometimes, and for no particular reason, I say something out loud. I’m not sure if this is some sort of manifestation of Tourette’s, it isn’t usually anything obscene, I sometimes surprise myself and am left wondering why I said it as it seems to have  no relevance to anything. I also count under my breath as I’m walking, sometimes people hear me mumbling and I’m immediately embarrassed. I’ve always done this, but only recently come to the conclusion that it might be an autistic thing…anybody else do this weird stuff?

Parents
  • I do this often, for example ill suddenly blurt out of *** tomatoes or appear to be talking to myself. I don't see this as a problem it's what our minds want to do and if it feels good then do it, it doesn't affect anyone other than their narrow-minded judgement. I have tics so sometimes when I am stressed it will be word of the month from things, I've picked up audibly i.e., oscillation or snarf snarf from Thundercat's. In the scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal but becomes one when someone has a shitty attitude and anything outside of morning television startles them. It's very much an autistic trait and its absolutely OK. Speak loud and proud and O bollocks bread lol

• I do this often, for example ill suddenly blurt out of *** tomatoes or appear to be talking to myself. I don't see this as a problem it's what our minds want to do and if it feels good then do it, it doesn't affect anyone other than their narrow-minded judgement. I have tics so sometimes when I am stressed it will be word of the month from things, I've picked up audibly i.e., oscillation or snarf snarf from Thundercat's. In the scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal but becomes one when someone has a shitty attitude and anything outside of morning television startles them. It's very much an autistic trait and its absolutely OK. Speak loud and proud and O bollocks bread lol

Children
  • Yes, one expression my Friend came up for my manerisms that are automatic but that I can control is Autistic Tick, as opposed to true Tourettes ticks that are involuntary.

• "In the scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal but becomes one when someone has a shitty attitude and anything outside of morning television startles them".

I'm stealing that!

It encapsulates my experience of the normies perfectly.