Randomly Saying Things Out Loud

Sometimes, and for no particular reason, I say something out loud. I’m not sure if this is some sort of manifestation of Tourette’s, it isn’t usually anything obscene, I sometimes surprise myself and am left wondering why I said it as it seems to have  no relevance to anything. I also count under my breath as I’m walking, sometimes people hear me mumbling and I’m immediately embarrassed. I’ve always done this, but only recently come to the conclusion that it might be an autistic thing…anybody else do this weird stuff?

Parents
  • Yep! It's an autistic thing or a torette thing ( they are related). Happens to me too...often when I'm sitting on the loo...don't ask me why, just does. Why the loo, no clue. 

Best bet is just laugh at yourself for it. It's one of those mysterious things. It's harmless, just a thing.

Other times, I find myself conjugating verbs in assorted languages on the loo. No clue why. What is it about the loo? Lol

• Glad it’s not just me then! It’s not got me into trouble, so I just accept it, I guess it’s a kind of mild Tourette’s, but just another manifestation of neural divergence..

Reply Children
No Data