Randomly Saying Things Out Loud

Sometimes, and for no particular reason, I say something out loud. I’m not sure if this is some sort of manifestation of Tourette’s, it isn’t usually anything obscene, I sometimes surprise myself and am left wondering why I said it as it seems to have  no relevance to anything. I also count under my breath as I’m walking, sometimes people hear me mumbling and I’m immediately embarrassed. I’ve always done this, but only recently come to the conclusion that it might be an autistic thing…anybody else do this weird stuff?

Parents
  • A couple of days ago, I found myself saying, on repeat, in a very thick scottish accent (no, I'm not Scottish)  "Mary had a little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, Mary had a little lamb"  I think I became aware of what I was doing it after a couple of minutes, but carried on for about 15 minutes after that.  Now I think that's messed up!?  I mean, WTAF ?  I have no idea why.  I was not aware of stress or needing to soothe.  Simple madness - I assume autistic people can be stark raving loonies too ?

I talk to myself out loud ALL the time.  Normally instructions to myself or debating some options with myself.  I warn people that I can sound like a madman.  Thinking about it, I probably am !

• A couple of days ago, I found myself saying, on repeat, in a very thick scottish accent (no, I'm not Scottish)  "Mary had a little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, Mary had a little lamb"  I think I became aware of what I was doing it after a couple of minutes, but carried on for about 15 minutes after that.  Now I think that's messed up!?  I mean, WTAF ?  I have no idea why.  I was not aware of stress or needing to soothe.  Simple madness - I assume autistic people can be stark raving loonies too ?

I talk to myself out loud ALL the time.  Normally instructions to myself or debating some options with myself.  I warn people that I can sound like a madman.  Thinking about it, I probably am !

Children