Randomly Saying Things Out Loud

Sometimes, and for no particular reason, I say something out loud. I’m not sure if this is some sort of manifestation of Tourette’s, it isn’t usually anything obscene, I sometimes surprise myself and am left wondering why I said it as it seems to have  no relevance to anything. I also count under my breath as I’m walking, sometimes people hear me mumbling and I’m immediately embarrassed. I’ve always done this, but only recently come to the conclusion that it might be an autistic thing…anybody else do this weird stuff?

Parents
  • People will find me singing or humming and ask me to stop and I won't have realised I was dong it. And then 10 minuets later I'll be doing it again with out realising it.

You've just brought back a memory.

I was in a new job + trying to appear normal + fit in, probably unsuccessfully.

I was humming and someone asked me to stop.  I asked 'why' + she said because what I was humming was depressing.

I asked 'why' and she said because it was the 'Funeral March' (Chopin).

Her discomfort was understandable Blush

I hadn't realised though that that was what I was humming but I still do as I find it quite calming (in a sombre sort of way) ..

• Lol! I can see how that might be a little depressing for some people Rofl

Reply Children
No Data