Randomly Saying Things Out Loud

Sometimes, and for no particular reason, I say something out loud. I’m not sure if this is some sort of manifestation of Tourette’s, it isn’t usually anything obscene, I sometimes surprise myself and am left wondering why I said it as it seems to have  no relevance to anything. I also count under my breath as I’m walking, sometimes people hear me mumbling and I’m immediately embarrassed. I’ve always done this, but only recently come to the conclusion that it might be an autistic thing…anybody else do this weird stuff?

Parents
  • I sometimes verbalise my inner monolog without realising. People will sometimes over hear it and get offended / upset. It's not super common but it happens more when I'm stressed or hyper also more 'emotionally intense' aspects of my inner monolog that tend to slip out. It doesn't sound like a big deal, I'm sure more than a few people have come out of their bosses office muttering 'I'm gona kill him.' The problem is, unlike coming out of your bosses office, i'm not always aware I'm doing it and who might be standing close to me at the time.

I sing to. People will find me singing or humming and ask me to stop and I won't have realised I was dong it. And then 10 minuets later I'll be doing it again with out realising it.

• I sometimes verbalise my inner monolog without realising. People will sometimes over hear it and get offended / upset. It's not super common but it happens more when I'm stressed or hyper also more 'emotionally intense' aspects of my inner monolog that tend to slip out. It doesn't sound like a big deal, I'm sure more than a few people have come out of their bosses office muttering 'I'm gona kill him.' The problem is, unlike coming out of your bosses office, i'm not always aware I'm doing it and who might be standing close to me at the time.

I sing to. People will find me singing or humming and ask me to stop and I won't have realised I was dong it. And then 10 minuets later I'll be doing it again with out realising it.

Children