Starting a new relationship

Hi, please excuse my bumbling nonsense, I find it hard to get my words out. I just feel like no one understands me
I’m in my 30s and feel I have undiagnosed asd, even my family agree yet didn’t get me assessed as it was seen as shame on my family. 
im really struggling as a single parent and not sure how to restart my love life. I hate physical contact and I’m very unsocial so haven’t had much luck. I can’t do small talk and have found others don’t like my bluntness/ telling it as it is. 
What do I do and where do I go? I don’t want my kids growing up thinking their mum was a failure in life

Parents
  • Being a single certainly doesn't mean you're a failure in life and there is no reason why your kids should think that.

My parents divorced when I was very young. Subsequently my mum had an unrealistic dream of attaining the perfect happy two parent family and she pursued new relationships endlessly for many years. This was all very traumatic for me growing up, having strange men in the house and overhearing the endless arguments when those relationships inevitably broke down.

What I observed and overheard as a child was enough to put me off relationships for life! I treasured the times in between her having boyfriends, when it was just my mum as a single parent. 

Also it is never too late to seek a diagnosis if you think it will help you. 

• Being a single certainly doesn't mean you're a failure in life and there is no reason why your kids should think that.

My parents divorced when I was very young. Subsequently my mum had an unrealistic dream of attaining the perfect happy two parent family and she pursued new relationships endlessly for many years. This was all very traumatic for me growing up, having strange men in the house and overhearing the endless arguments when those relationships inevitably broke down.

What I observed and overheard as a child was enough to put me off relationships for life! I treasured the times in between her having boyfriends, when it was just my mum as a single parent. 

Also it is never too late to seek a diagnosis if you think it will help you. 

Children
No Data