Insomnia

At the moment, im struggling with insomnia. I've been working hard this year and feel burnt out. At night I wake up at 2 or 3am and my body, in my stomach just below my ribs in the centre, feels like I am running a motor, a fast pulsing.

Does anyone else get this? It feels like what I imagine mania to be?

Parents
  • I usually wake about 3-4am at this time of year (4-5am in summer). I've learned to just accept it and go to bed early to compensate. Staying up later doesn't result in sleeping later, just makes me more tired.

I don't get the pulsing thing. Although I am always able to feel my heartbeat (without putting hand to chest or fingers to a pulse point) if I sit quietly without distraction.

• I usually wake about 3-4am at this time of year (4-5am in summer). I've learned to just accept it and go to bed early to compensate. Staying up later doesn't result in sleeping later, just makes me more tired.

I don't get the pulsing thing. Although I am always able to feel my heartbeat (without putting hand to chest or fingers to a pulse point) if I sit quietly without distraction.

Children
No Data