Is it possible to buy a home if you can't use a phone?

I recently realised that I have enough money in cash savings to purchase a flat (mortgage-free) in my area. This would save me £850 a month in rent, so financially it's a very sensible decision, and would also mean I could move out of my current place where I have to sleep on the floor in the entrance hall with earplugs due to noise outside. However, I can't work out how to do it.

I have auditory processing disorder and have absolutely no idea what people are saying over the phone. I tried contacting an agent to book a viewing on a flat, but they contacted me only by phone despite me asking for email and when I couldn't communicate that way that was the end of it: I never heard from them again.

I have no family or friends who are willing to help. I get stressed out easily and have trouble making decisions quickly.

I live in fear of being homeless if my landlord decides he wants my current flat (which I rented with my ex) back.

Is there some kind of service I can pay to help me?

Parents
  • If you live anywhere near me.

I'll gladly help you solve that problem in the hope that I can learn from you how the heck you managed to save enough to buy a flat for cash...

That's an incredible achievement! 

That's a serious offer, and having bought two houses in my time, (but been unable to keep them, due to the old fluctuating income v mortgage scenario) and one piece of land. (Paid cash so it's mine, irrespective of income now) I an qualified & competent to help.

• If you live anywhere near me.

I'll gladly help you solve that problem in the hope that I can learn from you how the heck you managed to save enough to buy a flat for cash...

That's an incredible achievement! 

That's a serious offer, and having bought two houses in my time, (but been unable to keep them, due to the old fluctuating income v mortgage scenario) and one piece of land. (Paid cash so it's mine, irrespective of income now) I an qualified & competent to help.

Children
  • My work is easy (doesn't involve people). I feel under pressure to keep earnings high so I can pass landlord affordability checks. But then I never spend anything. Buying stuff is stressful. I despise travel. Samefoods diet costs about £12 a week. I have regular activities I do every week but none are particularly expensive. I tried branching out but it made me less happy so I went back to what I like. I'm 35 and barring a few thousand from a deceased grandparent it's mostly just built up over the last decade and a half.

Edit: forgot to mention I also bought about £200 of bitcoin, forgot about it for the best part of a decade, and then sold it for about £20,000.

I'm in Yorkshire.