Is it possible to buy a home if you can't use a phone?

I recently realised that I have enough money in cash savings to purchase a flat (mortgage-free) in my area. This would save me £850 a month in rent, so financially it's a very sensible decision, and would also mean I could move out of my current place where I have to sleep on the floor in the entrance hall with earplugs due to noise outside. However, I can't work out how to do it.

I have auditory processing disorder and have absolutely no idea what people are saying over the phone. I tried contacting an agent to book a viewing on a flat, but they contacted me only by phone despite me asking for email and when I couldn't communicate that way that was the end of it: I never heard from them again.

I have no family or friends who are willing to help. I get stressed out easily and have trouble making decisions quickly.

I live in fear of being homeless if my landlord decides he wants my current flat (which I rented with my ex) back.

Is there some kind of service I can pay to help me?

Parents
  • Have you tried going to the estate agent / letting agents shop in person? Would that help?

• I could look up where they are and try that if they're reachable by foot/bus. Are they receptive to that? The problem with in person is people usually assume I'm a child and treat me accordingly. I just got new ID so I'll try getting it out as quickly as possible to correct them.

• Estate agents love you visiting - in fact, that's how most people do buy - in person and by visiting.

You can also visit the other agencies involved in a house purchase eg. solicitors, if they insist on calling you rather than text or email.

In my most recent house purchase I was surprised to find that my solicitor mainly used email.

He actually never phoned, as far as I can remember.

• Estate agents love you visiting - in fact, that's how most people do buy - in person and by visiting.

You can also visit the other agencies involved in a house purchase eg. solicitors, if they insist on calling you rather than text or email.

In my most recent house purchase I was surprised to find that my solicitor mainly used email.

He actually never phoned, as far as I can remember.

Children
No Data