fudging hate halloween

i hate halloween so much every year I hate when my little sister goes trick or treating with her fudging friends . IDK what to do anymore 

• New year and bonfire night, all the noise and lights get me worse, can't stand Christmas and my best friend grew up so my routine ended for new year. Halloween is the only one that's the same, god help me when my mum is gone.

• I hate it too, just don't get it. I only ever answer the door if I am expecting a parcel! Everybody I know knows not to just come round. Have friends who always have a big party, which i always avoid. 

• i use it as a f word alternative

• In our street they are already decorating. I don't mind that. Some of them are very good. It's just the trick or treat that is an invasion of other people's well being.

• Its awful from start to finish. Luckily this year I'm not home so won't have to deal with it bit usually when I am I turn out all the lights and watch movies all night

• 2 things.

1. It took me ages to realise 'fudging' is a euphemism.

I was trying to think of Halloween traditions associated with fudge Candy

2. There is another Celtic traditional festival celebrated near me at Butser Ancient Farm: the burning of the Wickerman for Beltain. A very special event.

• It's crazy really I don't consider myself old but I'll be 30 in a few years and yet feels like only yesterday I was trick or treating with my sisters.

It has taken over for sure. Greed is driving it lol.

• Glad to hear that.

I did post it for our younger readers as they have been brought up with trick or treat.

Sadly that's rather taken over.

• Wow I didn't realise there's a lot of history with Halloween. I think most people just see it as a way of getting sweets LOL Grimacing

Thanks for posting the link and page, it's an interesting read.

• I like the fact that this ancient tradition has survived.

Or should I say 'these' as it combines the Christian 'All Hallows Eve'.

I was brought up to believe the ancient Celtic tradition of the dead rising at midnight.

I still sometimes lie awake at midnight slightly on edge.

Trick or treat is relatively new.

Two of my neighbours have decorated their houses early this year. This is a first for our road.

Having now lost various members of my family, I find looking out on skeletons disturbing.

Info link

https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween

• Yeah people decorate now like Christmas time. Don't think I would like pumpkins and ghosts in my garden Grinning

• just stay in and watch tv or play playstation... pretty easy to avoid haloween although its annoying and invasive everyone knocking on your door begging for free stuff all the time and then getting angry and violent... yeah it probably needs to be banned.

• Only Ghost welcome, in my house, is the Holy Ghost.

• in ten years time people will be decorating their houses for Halloween

House over the road from me has done it! Just hope it doesn't mean they are going to try and come here. Maybe I should get some Christian tracts to give them instead of sweets - that should put them off!

• I reckon in ten years time people will be decorating their houses for Halloween like they do at Christmas.  Totally OTT. 

I reckon for anyone who doesn't like trick or treaters, scare the living daylights out of the kids so much that you get the reputation as the house no one wants to knock on. Problem solved.

Little shits shouldn't be throwing eggs at your house.  That wouldn't be acceptable on any other day of the year.

• Did see a house with Halloween decorations. People waste pumpkins. Have lights turned off.

• Halloween isn’t my favourite part of the year. Constant noise from kids outside, constant knocking on the door... always remove batteries from the doorbell because it just keeps ringing and ringing... not a fan of it, no. I’ll be in my room this year, headphones on, pretending it’s just like any other night and hopefully my anxiety won’t kick up a fuss.

Can you do the same? Shut yourself away for the night and then get back to normality the next morning. Put on a good movie if you can and drown out everyone else.

• Do you get forced to go with them? Can you be ill and stay in bed all evening to avoid it? Maybe it is wrong to suggest that... But if your family don't respect your autism as a reason to avoid it then calling it a headache isn't so different.

• Stick a note on the door that says "No Trick or Treaters". 

We most certainly would not have been allowed to do this as kids.  It can be very frightening for elderly people to be worried that if they don't dish out treats their home might be attacked.  Certainly, I often get egg chucked at my house that does real damage.  

If kids want a halloween party, why don't they have one indoors somewhere they can dress up and bob apples to their heart's content without bothering anyone?