Not up to working, tired of staying at home

I know I've posted on here about work a lot before and got some really useful answers but I have another question

So I can't seem to cope with all the rigmarole and hoops you have to jump through to try and get a job at the moment let alone actually going to a job and dealing with people. Im still coping with burnout and have been since last Christmas 

But I hate waking up in the morning without a job to go to and sitting around the house and not going to work

So my question is, to those of you who dont have a full time job, are there any routines or techniques you use to make the day interesting and to make it go well? I thought writing would occupy me all day as I do freelance journalism and its my dream to be a writer full time but I find I spend most of the day on stupid news websites and twitter and pointless places like that rather than actually writing. Havnt written a word in ages. I find as soon as I get the internet in front of me I cant seem to do anything constructive with it

Any help or advice will be appreciated

I cant go too many places atm as I dont drive and my wife is 8 and a half months pregnant so cant do much driving. Also dont have a lot of money so cant travel too much. I really want to go back to London but the train fares are crazy and im worried ill have a panic attack when Im there

Parents
  • I find this really difficult when off work. I think autistic inertia is actually a real thing and I'm better when there's an external force acting behind me (ie work or appointments) to help shape my routines. Otherwise I flounder. 

What about if you can't work but could you volunteer one day a week? It could be telephoning befriending or some admin for a charity. So it doesn't have to involve travelling. Volunteering gives you no pressure but a bit of focus to the week possibly. To build a routine around. It's just an idea.

• I find this really difficult when off work. I think autistic inertia is actually a real thing and I'm better when there's an external force acting behind me (ie work or appointments) to help shape my routines. Otherwise I flounder. 

What about if you can't work but could you volunteer one day a week? It could be telephoning befriending or some admin for a charity. So it doesn't have to involve travelling. Volunteering gives you no pressure but a bit of focus to the week possibly. To build a routine around. It's just an idea.

Children
  • Yes I am hoping to build up to volunteering in the future. I dont think im quite there yet. I did make some charity bracelets from home and sold them at church so that was a little bit of volunteering. 

What is autistic inertia? I havnt heard of that