Not up to working, tired of staying at home

I know I've posted on here about work a lot before and got some really useful answers but I have another question

So I can't seem to cope with all the rigmarole and hoops you have to jump through to try and get a job at the moment let alone actually going to a job and dealing with people. Im still coping with burnout and have been since last Christmas 

But I hate waking up in the morning without a job to go to and sitting around the house and not going to work

So my question is, to those of you who dont have a full time job, are there any routines or techniques you use to make the day interesting and to make it go well? I thought writing would occupy me all day as I do freelance journalism and its my dream to be a writer full time but I find I spend most of the day on stupid news websites and twitter and pointless places like that rather than actually writing. Havnt written a word in ages. I find as soon as I get the internet in front of me I cant seem to do anything constructive with it

Any help or advice will be appreciated

I cant go too many places atm as I dont drive and my wife is 8 and a half months pregnant so cant do much driving. Also dont have a lot of money so cant travel too much. I really want to go back to London but the train fares are crazy and im worried ill have a panic attack when Im there

Parents
  • So my question is, to those of you who dont have a full time job, are there any routines or techniques you use to make the day interesting and to make it go well?

I have daily, typed lists, for me and for my husband.  My husband ignores his.

Having an old house and garden there do seem to be endless chores relating to both to be done.

I read a lot, at the moment a novel and 2 factual books on autism.

I go out driving, sometimes with no destination - it's a shame you don't have the driving option.  I learned in my mid 40s and got my 1st car in my late 40s.

Photography is a great interest, for stock sites and just for pleasure.

My husband and I (sounds like the late Queen) buy each other National Trust membership for Christmas.  No other presents, just that.

That gives me the ability to visit places for 'free' and it is a great asset when I go out on my own as normally I wouldn't walk in the countryside as a woman alone but as it costs a fortune to go into an NT place I feel relatively safe.

Having hated work in every social sense, the ability to structure my day as I want and to not have to do anything social unless I want to, is something very precious to me.

Sorry you are struggling,  I hope things get better for you and that you find some useful suggestions on this thread.

• Thank you, all of this is very helpful 

Reply Children
No Data