Why does there seem to be a high proportion of paedophiles with autism or aspergers?

I've been watching a lot of the paedophile hunter sting videos lately and almost all of the people they catch either have autism, ADHD , or in some cases a more severe learning difficulty. 

Obviously not all autistic people are paedophiles , and not all paedophiles are autistic but why is there perhaps a disproportionately high number of child sex offenders who are on the autistic spectrum? 

Parents
  • Many of the points I was about to bring up have already been mentioned here.  They are:

• NTs have the social skills to lie and cover up their interests in the said subject.  Autistics don't, we are fundamentally more honest so we get caught.
    • NTs lie and claim to be autistic as an excuse to try to lessen their punishment.
    • Autistics are more innocent and don't realise they may be breaking the law so they don't hide their interest.
  • Many of the points I was about to bring up have already been mentioned here.  They are:

• NTs have the social skills to lie and cover up their interests in the said subject.  Autistics don't, we are fundamentally more honest so we get caught.
    • NTs lie and claim to be autistic as an excuse to try to lessen their punishment.
    • Autistics are more innocent and don't realise they may be breaking the law so they don't hide their interest.
Children
No Data