Why does there seem to be a high proportion of paedophiles with autism or aspergers?

I've been watching a lot of the paedophile hunter sting videos lately and almost all of the people they catch either have autism, ADHD , or in some cases a more severe learning difficulty. 

Obviously not all autistic people are paedophiles , and not all paedophiles are autistic but why is there perhaps a disproportionately high number of child sex offenders who are on the autistic spectrum? 

Parents
  • Controversial post. I've seen simiilar posts elsewhere that claim that sexual preference is also a statistical anomaly.

I know as an Autistic male that navigating the sexual desert of my twenties was only made possible by having a moral compass...

I'd like to see some stats before I come to see Autism as a danger factor for child predation.

I'd also like to see "Bratz" dolls banned and a complete re-think about how society interfaces with our children.

They are NOT there to be used as levers for advertisers to squeeze more money out of parents with massively advertised "toys". They are not there fr teachers to indoctrinate with the latest fad politics.

Teachers are not there to befriend the children and replace the parents because both of them HAVE to go to work to pay crippling costs of living.

Adulthood comes with extra powers and choices, children should be allowed to simply be children and not given to wonder of they have the right genitalia, and if they do, they can quiet easily work it out themselves even if it takes a bit longer without adult "help"..

Conspiracy theory is infested with graphic descriptions (which may or may not be founded on truth) about industrial scale child molesting activities and organisations, and to be honest if there is any truth to "Call me Skippy" then ultimately the sanctions society has in store for child abusers, does indeed need to include a death penalty... 

I have a family law judge in my extended family who once told me how many adults are on the child sex offenders register. Assuming as anecdotal evidence suggests, that the majority of such offenders do NOT face the law fro one reason or another including simply being good at not being caught, then this problem does reveal itself to be a serious issue that needs to be dealt with.

There is a MORAL dimension to life that we currently have decided not to tech our children since the seventies. This makes their education just as complete as if we missed one of the other more obvious dimensions off the curriculum..

• Controversial post. I've seen simiilar posts elsewhere that claim that sexual preference is also a statistical anomaly.

I know as an Autistic male that navigating the sexual desert of my twenties was only made possible by having a moral compass...

I'd like to see some stats before I come to see Autism as a danger factor for child predation.

I'd also like to see "Bratz" dolls banned and a complete re-think about how society interfaces with our children.

They are NOT there to be used as levers for advertisers to squeeze more money out of parents with massively advertised "toys". They are not there fr teachers to indoctrinate with the latest fad politics.

Teachers are not there to befriend the children and replace the parents because both of them HAVE to go to work to pay crippling costs of living.

Adulthood comes with extra powers and choices, children should be allowed to simply be children and not given to wonder of they have the right genitalia, and if they do, they can quiet easily work it out themselves even if it takes a bit longer without adult "help"..

Conspiracy theory is infested with graphic descriptions (which may or may not be founded on truth) about industrial scale child molesting activities and organisations, and to be honest if there is any truth to "Call me Skippy" then ultimately the sanctions society has in store for child abusers, does indeed need to include a death penalty... 

I have a family law judge in my extended family who once told me how many adults are on the child sex offenders register. Assuming as anecdotal evidence suggests, that the majority of such offenders do NOT face the law fro one reason or another including simply being good at not being caught, then this problem does reveal itself to be a serious issue that needs to be dealt with.

There is a MORAL dimension to life that we currently have decided not to tech our children since the seventies. This makes their education just as complete as if we missed one of the other more obvious dimensions off the curriculum..

Children
No Data