Job applications

Hi, I'm interested to hear of people's experiences when applying for jobs.

Did you disclose at the outset that you were on the spectrum? If so, do you think this helped or hindered the process?

I realise some employers are more open to employing from a neuro-diverse pool than others, I would just like to get a sense of whether it is a good idea to disclose or not.

Thanks in advance

(and if anyone knows of any online articles on this topic, I'd be very grateful if you could post a link).

Parents
  • Don't see why you need to until you have the job, and might possibly have some limitations that need to be catered for.

No NT person would apply and say, 'btw, I'm bad with multiplication, doing my taxes makes me depressed, and I once offended my manager by being insensitive' ...why are we often expected to disclose our negatives so quickly?

It is our business until the time you decide it isn't ThumbsupGGood luck

• the interview I was closest to getting job, I ended in final 4 out of 500, I got distracted by a fly on a wall behind 3 interviewers in 19th minute of interview that was meant to last 20min, they probably noticed me looking past them instead of eyecontacting

• the interview I was closest to getting job, I ended in final 4 out of 500, I got distracted by a fly on a wall behind 3 interviewers in 19th minute of interview that was meant to last 20min, they probably noticed me looking past them instead of eyecontacting

Children
No Data