Job applications

Hi, I'm interested to hear of people's experiences when applying for jobs.

Did you disclose at the outset that you were on the spectrum? If so, do you think this helped or hindered the process?

I realise some employers are more open to employing from a neuro-diverse pool than others, I would just like to get a sense of whether it is a good idea to disclose or not.

Thanks in advance

(and if anyone knows of any online articles on this topic, I'd be very grateful if you could post a link).

Parents
  • do you think this helped or hindered the process?

I think it was irrelevant, because they simply don't want weirdness on daily basis, and unless you can mask like autistic women they'll pick up on your oddities

some employers are more open to employing from a neuro-diverse pool

or so they say, I was specifically looking for those jobs during last year, attended few interviews, all unsuccessful, only to find out during last one I had that it is still an open offer to all neurotypes, so in other words it is still popularity contest against allistic, I haven't seen them hiring any autistic, or autistic working in places offering jobs as autistic friendly, so it looks like they are just using us to make themselves look politically correct

• do you think this helped or hindered the process?

I think it was irrelevant, because they simply don't want weirdness on daily basis, and unless you can mask like autistic women they'll pick up on your oddities

some employers are more open to employing from a neuro-diverse pool

or so they say, I was specifically looking for those jobs during last year, attended few interviews, all unsuccessful, only to find out during last one I had that it is still an open offer to all neurotypes, so in other words it is still popularity contest against allistic, I haven't seen them hiring any autistic, or autistic working in places offering jobs as autistic friendly, so it looks like they are just using us to make themselves look politically correct

Children
No Data