Therapy

Just wondering who here is willing to say if they see a therapist/counsellor and if so, how long have they been doing so for? And how long are they likely to continue doing so? Something that was just said to me made me wonder am I being pathetic in being more than a year in to weekly sessions and feeling like several more months  at least feel needed.

Parents
  • Anyone else? I could really do with not feeling alone here. Feeling anomalous is one of the things that can put me into a spiral, so even of there’s one other person who’s in long term therapy I’d massively appreciate them saying so. 

• I took up the offer of counselling from my workplace healthcare plan. They provide 4x 1hr sessions, 1 per week. Suffice to say, I didn't get much out of it and am now pursuing NHS and possibly private solutions. Is it right that you can't get counselling on the NHS? That's what my GP said.

• Would it be yourr intention to make therapy as open endedly available as possible? I just need to not feel like a freak here in that being my need for the foreseeable 

Reply Children