Moving houses

Hello everyone, 

My name is Emily and I’m really struggling with moving houses. I’m 21 years old and I still live with my parents and as of yesterday they bought a new house. This was just sprung on me out of nowhere and now they are trying to sell my childhood home that I have lived in since I was born. I really want to be happy for them but deep down I’m really not, I really struggle with change and letting go of things and I really don’t know how to cope and let go (even though I don’t want to). Everyone keeps telling me it’s going to be fine and that’s it’s a new adventure but to me it feels like the world crashing down on me and that advice only makes me stress more.

My life feels like it’s flipped upside down… I just recently got a new job that I’ve been extremely stressed about and now with the stress of moving I’m really having a tough time. Does anyone have any similar experiences? or ways of coping with this? it would be really helpful to hear.

thank you in advance! 

Parents
  • Change can be tough, especially when it's such a big one like moving houses. I remember when my family moved when I was a kid - it felt like leaving behind a piece of my heart. It's completely okay to have mixed feelings about it. One thing that helped me was finding a way to preserve the memories from my childhood home. As for the advice people are giving, I know it might sound cliché, but they're right in their own way. It's a new chapter, a fresh start, and while it might not feel like it now, there could be exciting things ahead. On the contrary, I would advise you to read more [link removed by Mod] to find a way to take with you what will bind you to this house.. It's okay to be hesitant, but sometimes these changes lead us to unexpected opportunities.

• Change can be tough, especially when it's such a big one like moving houses. I remember when my family moved when I was a kid - it felt like leaving behind a piece of my heart. It's completely okay to have mixed feelings about it. One thing that helped me was finding a way to preserve the memories from my childhood home. As for the advice people are giving, I know it might sound cliché, but they're right in their own way. It's a new chapter, a fresh start, and while it might not feel like it now, there could be exciting things ahead. On the contrary, I would advise you to read more [link removed by Mod] to find a way to take with you what will bind you to this house.. It's okay to be hesitant, but sometimes these changes lead us to unexpected opportunities.

Children
No Data