Moving houses

Hello everyone, 

My name is Emily and I’m really struggling with moving houses. I’m 21 years old and I still live with my parents and as of yesterday they bought a new house. This was just sprung on me out of nowhere and now they are trying to sell my childhood home that I have lived in since I was born. I really want to be happy for them but deep down I’m really not, I really struggle with change and letting go of things and I really don’t know how to cope and let go (even though I don’t want to). Everyone keeps telling me it’s going to be fine and that’s it’s a new adventure but to me it feels like the world crashing down on me and that advice only makes me stress more.

My life feels like it’s flipped upside down… I just recently got a new job that I’ve been extremely stressed about and now with the stress of moving I’m really having a tough time. Does anyone have any similar experiences? or ways of coping with this? it would be really helpful to hear.

thank you in advance! 

Parents
  • I feel your pain, I am 53 and only lived in 4 houses. We will be moving in early 2025, by then we would have lived here 20 years, and it is weird that somebody else will own my house. It is natural to feel how you do, your home is your one constant in life. Think of this as your first big adult experience. You are young and these sort of things will happen many times in your life. Try and learn from what is going on because one day you may be doing this with your family?

• I feel your pain, I am 53 and only lived in 4 houses. We will be moving in early 2025, by then we would have lived here 20 years, and it is weird that somebody else will own my house. It is natural to feel how you do, your home is your one constant in life. Think of this as your first big adult experience. You are young and these sort of things will happen many times in your life. Try and learn from what is going on because one day you may be doing this with your family?

Children
No Data