Noise reducing ear plugs

Has anyone used the flare calmer ear plugs? I find lots of sounds at once difficult which is a challenge when out and about! I've been looking at different earplugs and want something discreet. I've tried the standard earplugs you get from pharmacies, but I find these a bit disorienting as they block out too much noise or the wrong sounds.

I've found the flare calmer ones that have good reviews, but I want to see what people who are actually autistic think or them before I buy them as they're a little pricey if they end up not being suitable.  

Any reviews of these or other ear plugs welcome! 

Parents
  • I find earplugs uncomfortable to sleep in, especially if I roll onto my side. I went for full closed-back and Sony WH-1000XM4. You can take the audio cable out so they are more like ear muffs and the noise cancelling lasts about 12-16 hours after a full charge (which takes a couple of hours). The noise cancelling itself is exceptional but, like with all such technology, it does better at lower frequencies than higher ones. The kids upstairs can be playing basketball, slamming doors, and slamming each other down in a wrestling match and I hear nothing. I have to take the headphones off just to check if they're still being noisy. If a police car goes past with the siren at full belt, though, I can just about make it out.

• I find earplugs uncomfortable to sleep in, especially if I roll onto my side. I went for full closed-back and Sony WH-1000XM4. You can take the audio cable out so they are more like ear muffs and the noise cancelling lasts about 12-16 hours after a full charge (which takes a couple of hours). The noise cancelling itself is exceptional but, like with all such technology, it does better at lower frequencies than higher ones. The kids upstairs can be playing basketball, slamming doors, and slamming each other down in a wrestling match and I hear nothing. I have to take the headphones off just to check if they're still being noisy. If a police car goes past with the siren at full belt, though, I can just about make it out.

Children
No Data