Noise reducing ear plugs

Has anyone used the flare calmer ear plugs? I find lots of sounds at once difficult which is a challenge when out and about! I've been looking at different earplugs and want something discreet. I've tried the standard earplugs you get from pharmacies, but I find these a bit disorienting as they block out too much noise or the wrong sounds.

I've found the flare calmer ones that have good reviews, but I want to see what people who are actually autistic think or them before I buy them as they're a little pricey if they end up not being suitable.  

Any reviews of these or other ear plugs welcome! 

Parents
  • I've tried the flare isolate but the smallest size is much too big for my ear and leaves it feeling swollen, blocked and painful for a couple of days after I wear them.

I've been put off the calmers by the ads saying they don't block voices, which is the main thing I want to block.

I've tried various earplugs over the decades and nothing works as well as blutack molded to completely covers the ear hole and surrounding area. I've worn it to sleep every night since 2005 and sometimes wear it during the day if I need to focus.

The other thing that helps is earphones with calming music playing to block out background sounds.

• I've tried the flare isolate but the smallest size is much too big for my ear and leaves it feeling swollen, blocked and painful for a couple of days after I wear them.

I've been put off the calmers by the ads saying they don't block voices, which is the main thing I want to block.

I've tried various earplugs over the decades and nothing works as well as blutack molded to completely covers the ear hole and surrounding area. I've worn it to sleep every night since 2005 and sometimes wear it during the day if I need to focus.

The other thing that helps is earphones with calming music playing to block out background sounds.

Children
No Data