Public Speaking

I just delivered a speech to little over 500 people. It was hard going, but I did it.

My only question is, in moments of success like this, why am I so hard on myself. Does anyone else struggle with balancing mood/emotions in moments like these?

Parents
  • Well done you. That's a huge thing, you should be so proud of yourself for this.

I think you're so hard on yourself because you notice things maybe like anxiety or you could have or should have done this and that. We judge ourselves hardest. Always.

I struggle with communicating and being near and around people. I can't cope with it at all. 

• Well done you. That's a huge thing, you should be so proud of yourself for this.

I think you're so hard on yourself because you notice things maybe like anxiety or you could have or should have done this and that. We judge ourselves hardest. Always.

I struggle with communicating and being near and around people. I can't cope with it at all. 

Children
  • Thank you. I think I will be eventually- at least I hope so. I think I have to work on finding a balance in my reflections first though.

We judge ourselves hardest. Always.

This is so true. I hope it won’t always be the case, however I think I’d rather this than be arrogant or have delusions of grandeur and march around shouting how brilliant I think I am. I genuinely couldn’t imagine myself ever being like that. But I would like to be less hard on myself.

I struggle with communicating and being near and around people.

I can relate to this at times too. I think the unpredictability of others can be quite worrisome. They never seem to follow the rules as I see and understand them.