Public Speaking

I just delivered a speech to little over 500 people. It was hard going, but I did it.

My only question is, in moments of success like this, why am I so hard on myself. Does anyone else struggle with balancing mood/emotions in moments like these?

Parents
  • indeed, great work, many kudos, did you write the speech yourself as well?

• Thank you. I did- it was about recognising effort in people and how this can be shown in different ways. As well recognising the overlooked skills of quiet contemplation, observation and perseverance. I tried to highlight that quieter skills are important, and to point out that the loudest voice in the room isn’t always right. At least, that’s what I hoped to get across.

• very good, that is exactly what autistic should be doing in all socities, except as appointed officials

like point out the invisible things that add up to those everyone can see to create whole and functional picture

e.g. you have to be part of a local community of any kind, even tiny, or later in life you won't be able to have happy life, because the feeling that something is missing will always accompany you

that's what makes immigrants (those that never crossed language barrier) go back to their home countries after 15 years , they still hate their home country but at least they feel like they belong

I belong here Smiley

• very good, that is exactly what autistic should be doing in all socities, except as appointed officials

like point out the invisible things that add up to those everyone can see to create whole and functional picture

e.g. you have to be part of a local community of any kind, even tiny, or later in life you won't be able to have happy life, because the feeling that something is missing will always accompany you

that's what makes immigrants (those that never crossed language barrier) go back to their home countries after 15 years , they still hate their home country but at least they feel like they belong

I belong here Smiley

Children
  • You raise an interesting point- thank you. I think we can all do more to educate the world on many aspects of life. The more open mindedness, awareness and acceptance of anything outside of an individual’s own view of the world can only be of benefit.

I belong here

This is nice to read.