Recent suspected diagnosis and ADHD

Hi there

I'm mid 40's and have a recently suspected diagnosis of Autism. Well I did have difficulties listening and concentrating at school and I couldn't enjoy creative subjects like art and English Literature as much as I wanted to and now I know why. I've also had difficulty forming friendships and have had too many abusive relationships! I tend to obsess over things or people that have upset me.  I am hypersensitive too to smells, taste, sound and touch...and to what I hear from others... Does this sound like I may have Autism and ADHD? And do you have the same or similar issues?

Parents
  • Hiya,

Definitely sounds like you could be autistic. i am not sure about ADHD as i don't have traits and am not well educated on it however many people on here, have both ADHD and autism so someone will be able to help with the latter

and yes, i have similar issues. i don't have issues forming friendships, i feel like that happens quite easily for me as most neurotypical people are good at it and i have a script for the first few conversations with people so i appear happy and chatty. however it goes downhill from there and we drift apart. i obsess over things and i had never thought about obsessing over people who have upset me as an autistic trait but i certainly do, so that's interesting

Alisha xx

P.S. if you have any questions on the diagnosis process then feel free to private message

• Hiya,

Definitely sounds like you could be autistic. i am not sure about ADHD as i don't have traits and am not well educated on it however many people on here, have both ADHD and autism so someone will be able to help with the latter

and yes, i have similar issues. i don't have issues forming friendships, i feel like that happens quite easily for me as most neurotypical people are good at it and i have a script for the first few conversations with people so i appear happy and chatty. however it goes downhill from there and we drift apart. i obsess over things and i had never thought about obsessing over people who have upset me as an autistic trait but i certainly do, so that's interesting

Alisha xx

P.S. if you have any questions on the diagnosis process then feel free to private message

Children