Panic attack

Hi

I am a 51 Yr old female awaiting diagnosis. My work have been very supportive and have referred me through occ health. What led me to speaking out was the pain of panic attacks and what I perceive as an inability to overcome them. I am successful in many areas in my life and professionally however there are a few situations which absolutely floor me and for the life of me I cannot get to grips with them. This has been the case since I was a child so has plagued me for over 4 decades now. I try and rationalise it and tell myself it’s confidence or self esteem, I’m just wondering if others can relate to this ? Sadly I often berate myself and feel foolish hence getting a diagnosis will hopefully help me make sense of this. 
I would stress there are numerous other factors besides this which have led me to seek support and diagnosis. Thank you in anticipation 

Parents
  • Hi, autism can be like that, you can have the odd glitch/gap in your functioning where it goes wrong or not how you wish.  I have problems still with talking and have to prepare, but if it doesn't go to plan I can get stuck as if unable to think my way forward, usually the other person has to step in as its awkward.  Probably similar with your panic attacks, you might want to look back and see what the triggers are and any thoughts before - did you think yourself into a panic, or is it automatic.  The better we know our difficulties the more chance we have to work on them, if that's possible, or try and accept them and minimise it happen.

When you have autism and keep making mistakes or have anxiety/panic issues through life it can get to you, you can attack yourself and that then lowers confidence and raises anxiety/depression.  A diagnosis will help you see yourself better, differently, but you can start now to be kind to yourself about any difficulties/difference you have.

• Hi, autism can be like that, you can have the odd glitch/gap in your functioning where it goes wrong or not how you wish.  I have problems still with talking and have to prepare, but if it doesn't go to plan I can get stuck as if unable to think my way forward, usually the other person has to step in as its awkward.  Probably similar with your panic attacks, you might want to look back and see what the triggers are and any thoughts before - did you think yourself into a panic, or is it automatic.  The better we know our difficulties the more chance we have to work on them, if that's possible, or try and accept them and minimise it happen.

When you have autism and keep making mistakes or have anxiety/panic issues through life it can get to you, you can attack yourself and that then lowers confidence and raises anxiety/depression.  A diagnosis will help you see yourself better, differently, but you can start now to be kind to yourself about any difficulties/difference you have.

Children
No Data