Panic attack

Hi

I am a 51 Yr old female awaiting diagnosis. My work have been very supportive and have referred me through occ health. What led me to speaking out was the pain of panic attacks and what I perceive as an inability to overcome them. I am successful in many areas in my life and professionally however there are a few situations which absolutely floor me and for the life of me I cannot get to grips with them. This has been the case since I was a child so has plagued me for over 4 decades now. I try and rationalise it and tell myself it’s confidence or self esteem, I’m just wondering if others can relate to this ? Sadly I often berate myself and feel foolish hence getting a diagnosis will hopefully help me make sense of this. 
I would stress there are numerous other factors besides this which have led me to seek support and diagnosis. Thank you in anticipation 

Parents
  • It's normal it's 2022 were all in a state of panic switch on the news and you'll see what I mean although I wouldn't recommend it I deal with anxiety through music. Heavy metal helps me manage it. I Chanel my anxiety through there aggression then it soothes me and calms me down. 

• It's normal it's 2022 were all in a state of panic switch on the news and you'll see what I mean although I wouldn't recommend it I deal with anxiety through music. Heavy metal helps me manage it. I Chanel my anxiety through there aggression then it soothes me and calms me down. 

Children