Help with Roundabouts

Hi Everyone,

I am currently learning to drive and the only thing i can't do is busy roundabouts (multi-lane), the issue is the number of cars that i need to process in little time. i know what i need to do, i just panic because there is so much to look at. My driving instructor and I were wondering if anybody has had a similar issue and has any tips to help?

Thanks,

Alisha xx

Parents
  • When I learnt to drive my instructor told me I took too long making decisions. I failed the first time due to being hesitant. When I passed there was only one small roundabout in my home town and the same where the test centre was. I remember the first time I went on a motorway roundabout the concentration needed caused a challenge. I find multiple lanes challenging. I learnt to drive in a fairly rural County. Where I live now driving is a lot more challenging especially as many people don't slow down much on approaching roundabouts and drive fairly erratically. I can sympathise with your difficulty and have stopped driving for the moment.

As you will see, no advice but do understand the difficulty.

• That's the bit that always astonishes me: people just sailing through without a second's hestiation, like they can see round corners. They always seem to survive too! I have to slow to a stop every time, then check right very thoroughly.

• That's the bit that always astonishes me: people just sailing through without a second's hestiation, like they can see round corners. They always seem to survive too! I have to slow to a stop every time, then check right very thoroughly.

Children
No Data