Support Groups for High Functioning Autism/Asperger Adults who are

Hi, Everyone,

I've recently been diagnosed with High Functioning Autism/Aspergers in my 40's and I'm wondering if there are support services or groups for people like me who are just about coping with life but could do with a little extra support?  From what I can see online so far, the majority of the support is aimed toward children and parents and those with more severe learning or behavioural difficulties.  I understand that these groups have the most acute challenges, but I'm wondering if there is anything in the community for those, like me, that are just about muddling along.  Any help in finding any groups or support would be gratefully received.  Thanks for reading.

Chris 

Parents
  • There are none in my area, all basically aimed for young kids and parental support.  This is great but...not so much for people who've slipped through the net and just get along.

Ever thought about setting up your own group?  Its something i might do in the future.

• I agree. Both my youngest son and I feel this. We are really struggling at the moment but I am not aware of any support we can access apart from NHS mental health services - for which there is a hugely long waiting list. So we can’t easily access them because of that. My husband and eldest son are wonderful but apart from that we are very isolated and we have very few family relatives (and those we have are not supportive or understanding). Life is really difficult for us the moment and I wish we could access more support. 

• I agree. Both my youngest son and I feel this. We are really struggling at the moment but I am not aware of any support we can access apart from NHS mental health services - for which there is a hugely long waiting list. So we can’t easily access them because of that. My husband and eldest son are wonderful but apart from that we are very isolated and we have very few family relatives (and those we have are not supportive or understanding). Life is really difficult for us the moment and I wish we could access more support. 

Children
No Data