sensory issues

Hi

I have noticed recently that my sensory issues are a lot worse in the morning, especially with sound. My wife's daily conference call is grating to the ears, I have to often ask her to speak softer, when someone comes downstairs and turns on the lights I have a spike of irritation, I keep noticing small sounds that I don't normally hear like the ceiling fan etc.

Does anyone else have this issue? Why does it happen? Is it normal?

Fwiw I am recently self-diagnosed and working on getting my formal diagnosis but money is tight and I have enough issues as is.

Parents
  • Hi! My sensory tolerance tends to get worse as the days go on. I’m considering investing in some ear defenders for my household, especially one child is also autistic and one on the waiting list for ADHD assessment. Do you think that ear defenders and dark glasses might help with your sensory difficulties in the morning?

• Hi! My sensory tolerance tends to get worse as the days go on. I’m considering investing in some ear defenders for my household, especially one child is also autistic and one on the waiting list for ADHD assessment. Do you think that ear defenders and dark glasses might help with your sensory difficulties in the morning?

Children
No Data