Tinnitus

I’ve had tinnitus since being a small child. It drives me mad at times, is it something anyone else has. Googled it, anxiety and depression is  linked to it. A big part of my autistic life.  Seems to be me.

Parents
  • I've also had tinnitus since childhood. It used to be occational but as I got older it seemed to get worse. Especially after working a job that meant I was exposed to loud noise for about 4 hours a day. It can make hearing people quite difficult sometimes because it can be really loud. And it doesn't help when I'm trying to get to sleep.

I find that some background sound helps - I like to listen to rain and thunderstorm sounds when going to sleep, but sometimes the tinnitus is so loud even that doesn't help.

I also read it has a connection to anxiety and drepression. I can get very anxious but I haven't noticed it being worse, only that I tend to notice it more.

• I've also had tinnitus since childhood. It used to be occational but as I got older it seemed to get worse. Especially after working a job that meant I was exposed to loud noise for about 4 hours a day. It can make hearing people quite difficult sometimes because it can be really loud. And it doesn't help when I'm trying to get to sleep.

I find that some background sound helps - I like to listen to rain and thunderstorm sounds when going to sleep, but sometimes the tinnitus is so loud even that doesn't help.

I also read it has a connection to anxiety and drepression. I can get very anxious but I haven't noticed it being worse, only that I tend to notice it more.

Children
No Data