Tinnitus

I’ve had tinnitus since being a small child. It drives me mad at times, is it something anyone else has. Googled it, anxiety and depression is  linked to it. A big part of my autistic life.  Seems to be me.

Parents
  • I’ve tinnitus also. at night I find earplugs a no no as this only makes it louder. For years I’ve used a speaker pillow where only you hear the music in the pillow. Just some background familiar music or podcast to help you focus on that and not the tinnitus. Speaker pillow much better than headphones as you don’t struggle with lying on your ear with them in. 
    I do also wear earphones day to day with music - not sure if that’s tinnitus related now or just my preference to keeping my focus on tasks / blocking out other noises that distract me.

• I've never tried earlpugs, or a speaker pillow. That may be something i'll look into. But sometimes of a night, i hear noises that aren't there. Often it's music, a band playing, or what sounds like horses & carriages outside. It seems so real i've even got up in the past and looked out of the  window, to see is anything there.

• I've never tried earlpugs, or a speaker pillow. That may be something i'll look into. But sometimes of a night, i hear noises that aren't there. Often it's music, a band playing, or what sounds like horses & carriages outside. It seems so real i've even got up in the past and looked out of the  window, to see is anything there.

Children
No Data