Tinnitus

I’ve had tinnitus since being a small child. It drives me mad at times, is it something anyone else has. Googled it, anxiety and depression is  linked to it. A big part of my autistic life.  Seems to be me.

Parents
  • I had intermittent tinnitus as a child (I had a lot of ear infections) After attending an exceptionally loud gig when I was 20 I’ve had permanent tinnitus. Wearing hearing aids and having background noise helps mine. I’m not sure that hearing aids would help if you don’t have hearing loss though. Have you had your hearing tested? Sometimes mild hearing loss is easily overlooked, especially in childhood

• I had intermittent tinnitus as a child (I had a lot of ear infections) After attending an exceptionally loud gig when I was 20 I’ve had permanent tinnitus. Wearing hearing aids and having background noise helps mine. I’m not sure that hearing aids would help if you don’t have hearing loss though. Have you had your hearing tested? Sometimes mild hearing loss is easily overlooked, especially in childhood

Children
No Data