Exhausted all the time

Hi, does anyone else experience exhaustion all the time?

I've been like this for the last few years. I don't sleep well, but it feels more like it's where things in my life get on top of me and makes me even more exhausted. If something stressful happens I'm so tired after I need to have a nap. And lately driving home from work has been an increasing concern because of how tired I feel, I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel and crash.

Do you have any tips for this? I feel like this is an asd thing more than anything. I've tried being more relaxed but I'm anxious most of the time so it's a struggle. I'm open to any suggestions you might have to help Slight smile

Parents
  • Go to the doctors as there might be an underlying physical cause. I do feel AS gives me a general base layer of tiredness though. I found this information on sleep on this website. I'm not sure how credible it is but the articles have references etc embrace-autism.com/.../ it's also got other useful information on there too.

I find since lockdown ended things have gone back to how they were before. I cannot keep up with normal days, feel there's too much to remember to do in a day or week and just generally feel exhausted. There's more people time and more expectation to keep up.

I think chipping away at things is the best approach rather than suddenly making drastic changes in your life. I feel this has worked well for me as by introducing small steps it's easier to stick to it. Then build up from there. I'm talking in terms of exercise,  eating, lifestyle, relaxation etc 

• Go to the doctors as there might be an underlying physical cause. I do feel AS gives me a general base layer of tiredness though. I found this information on sleep on this website. I'm not sure how credible it is but the articles have references etc embrace-autism.com/.../ it's also got other useful information on there too.

I find since lockdown ended things have gone back to how they were before. I cannot keep up with normal days, feel there's too much to remember to do in a day or week and just generally feel exhausted. There's more people time and more expectation to keep up.

I think chipping away at things is the best approach rather than suddenly making drastic changes in your life. I feel this has worked well for me as by introducing small steps it's easier to stick to it. Then build up from there. I'm talking in terms of exercise,  eating, lifestyle, relaxation etc 

Children
  • I agree regarding the change since lockdowns were lifted. When we had the first one I started walking daily and began a garden project. Some of my anxiety from before that lifted. However as people started mixing more and the constant changes it has become more challenging. 

I have found myself feeling exhausted for the last few months particularly as Covid is still around but many people don't seem bothered about precautions now  I do find things improve a bit and it helps if the sun is shining and I can walk.

I stopped driving because I felt I was no longer safe. I was able to walk to work, but now I work from home which reduces the stress as I don't have to walk into a room and find somewhere to sit or go past lots of people to get coffee. When I feel overwhelmed when working I can take time out privately. I only need to make contact with colleagues then if I choose to.

Yesterday was really hard not being able to get a walk. Fortunately I was able to make up for it by going for a longer walk today before the rain.