Told off at work

I am a teacher and there have been lots of changes at my school lately and I have a few meltdowns in the last few weeks. 

This morning I was upset and asked to speak to the acting head abd she was horrible. Told me I need to pull myself together and snap out of it. When I walk through the door I need to be in work mode. I need to pull myself together. She said either I am fit to work or not and I should go to my GP if I keep having these "episodes".

I felt completely belittled and like a child who had been told off. 

Parents
  • I have been a governor in a few schools and some heads do relish the power and think that the staff and children can be spoken to however they want.  As others have said you have rights although I do know it can be hard to stick up for yourself and I would do pretty much anything to avoid conflict.

Just one point about stability of employment, it is quite hard to get rid of a teacher, you have to go through lots of rounds of performance reviews etc.

• I have been a governor in a few schools and some heads do relish the power and think that the staff and children can be spoken to however they want.  As others have said you have rights although I do know it can be hard to stick up for yourself and I would do pretty much anything to avoid conflict.

Just one point about stability of employment, it is quite hard to get rid of a teacher, you have to go through lots of rounds of performance reviews etc.

Children
No Data