University nightmare help

Hi,

I started uni last semester. The 1st semester had a rough start but was okay, fun even. But after coming back from the Christmas holidays I have been miserable. My flatmates are loud and messy and put flashing lights in the kitchen when they drink everynight. I realise I don't have many friends here and the friends I do have all have better friends than me if that makes sense and rarely want to hang out. Its really lonely. Especially when i can hear people having fun partying in the kitchen when I am not welcome (my bedroom is next to the kitchen). I have exams this week and next week and its hard to revise when you're burnt out from all the meltdowns. Im not doing well academically, im used to As and Bs but im not getting that here. 

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Parents
  • I realise I don't have many friends here and the friends I do have all have better friends than me

Have you looked at student societies?

Especially when i can hear people having fun partying in the kitchen when I am not welcome (my bedroom is next to the kitchen).

You have every right to be there. It's your house too. And no matter how much they moan about it you need to move through their for access no matter what so really stop apologising just use the space and when you need to.

• I realise I don't have many friends here and the friends I do have all have better friends than me

Have you looked at student societies?

Especially when i can hear people having fun partying in the kitchen when I am not welcome (my bedroom is next to the kitchen).

You have every right to be there. It's your house too. And no matter how much they moan about it you need to move through their for access no matter what so really stop apologising just use the space and when you need to.

Children
No Data